Thursday, March 13, 2008

I know it's not my turn on the blog, but there I just had to write about this. I was listening to MPR this morning, and they were talking about an investigation of Saddam Hussein's government and how it had supported many terrorists. They made some reference to "uniting Muslims for jihad". This made me so sad and angry, because the last thing the Muslin community needs are those kinds of comments that imply that all Muslin people would want to unite and be terrorists together. It reminded me why we are doing undercover: to show that "Muslim" and "terrorist" are not interchangeable words. We know that this isn't true, and that Muslims around the world contribute really valuable, beautiful things to their communities. This is what the world needs to know.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I agree, the muslim comunity should not be held responsible for one person's actions.