Thursday, August 23, 2007

I want to apologize for getting on here so late and to attempt to make up for that, I have a podcast that I wish to share with you. So it's not "mine" or anything but a friend introduced it to me, and it has since become a source of inspiration and free entertainment.  Head to iTunes and search "IndieFeed."  There are several different IndieFeed Podcasts including Hip Hop, Indie Pop, Blues, etc.  But the one that I subscribe to is "Performance Poetry."  This stuff is lyrical, it is is brilliant, it is deep, it is true, it is hilarious, it is heartbreaking and most of all it is mindblowing. Even if you don't consider yourself a poet or interested in poetry, I strongly urge you to step out of the box and listen to a few.  They will change your life.  No joke.  I can recommend some of my favourites if you're interested.

And yes, it is EXPLICIT so be aware, there is no skimping on F-bombs or thematic material.  But this is one of the few instances where I think the language is completely necessary and appropriate...well not appropriate...but you know what I mean.

Anyway, check it out.

No comments: